Sunday, June 22, 2014

Choke - Chuck Palahniuk



I need to make this confession upfront. This book just didn't work for me. I skipped pages, it did not get me hooked even though I read it till the very end. The humour didn't work, the writing style, the story... Nothing worked... There were probably a couple of lines that did kind of resonate with me, but nothing else. The whole sex addiction part did not add much to the script either. I don't feel like even narrating the story, for it frankly only made me dislike it. Even though I liked the movie Fight Club and that is what made me pick this book up, I don't think I will pick any other Palahniuk book up ever again. Probably its the kind of book or humour rather that works for men, but I don't think a girl is ever going to enjoy this genre of writing. This is a weird book. Some of the stuff the author was writing about just made me feel squeamish and on top the story did not make much sense to me, so this goes down into the list of books that I never want to read again. I will give this a pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment