Thursday, April 9, 2015

The thing about Rainbow Rowell


I can proudly say I have read all the books Rainbow Rowell has written so far and I am pretty impressed. I think if you were to compare any contemporary author who is into writing about love, I don't think anybody else does it any better than what she does. Her stories are more life like, characters more closer to heart. Their predicaments so similar to the ordinary beings that we are that one can't help but fall in love with her books. There are no grand gestures or gifts or sweeping off the feet and none of the Mills and Boons bullshit. To all those who love Mills and Boons, I feel it is just a rehash of the same every single time with just the professions of the 2 main leads varying.

And its just not the characters and their stories, its the way she writes, her humour. You can't help but snicker while reading it. #NotTheKindToLOL. I am officially in love with Rainbow Rowell and I think I like Eleanor and Park and Attachments the best out of the four she has published till date. I think her writing is one of those things that will tide you through a bad day just becomes of the warm fuzzy feels it gives you. Recommending reading atleast one of her books.



No comments:

Post a Comment