Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Julie Julia Promise

Today in the wee hours of the morning I am going to declare, which for long I have been stalling but finally have decided to put myself up for, is the Julie Julia challenge but only in this case it is books. My reading has been suffering for long and I really needed some direction in my life, a hobby so to say and since reading is something that comes the easiest to me, I solemnly vow

"to read 20 books by the end of 2013,starting today and review each and every one of them on this piece of virtual space I have called my own". 


And I do get the school of thought that books need to be enjoyed, chewed, mulled over, etc. etc. but this endeavor for really the need of the hour for this directionless life that I seem to be leading. There are many more issues in my life that need to be addressed, and through this I think I will be able to add a lot of perspective to my life and I guess a goal and a deadline. Work life has made me just another person on the run for money and I need to change that about myself. So here's all the luck to me and watch out this space for a new book review every week. Really hoping to live up to this promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment