Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The House Bunny


I wanted some cheap thrills after having lost the who-gets-to-use-the-internet war with my sister, I take to the idiot box, to stake my claim. So in between all the random surfing of channels, I end up watching this movie called "The House Bunny" staring Anna Faris, Cindy of the Scary Movie Series, Emma Stone, Colin Hanks and others (I can't keep switching tabs to Wiki). It is a really cliched plot line, an extremely dumb movie about a play boy bunny (Anna Faris) moving out of the Play Boy mansion and moving in with Plain Janes, freaks etc. the cliched coterie you find normally in such movies. And yes I am no Santa, so no prizes for guessing what ensues, she does the whole makeover bit and saves the day with her Miss World speech.

What surprises me is how intelligent actors end up doing such trashy movies, I guess every one at some point or the other does something one is not proud of just to make ends meet. If that is the case, I forgive you for the horrors, for you make me feel smarter. Sigh, what have I been reduced to.

Cheap thrills I tell you. Yes, the armistice continues with my sister, after having guffawed at the incredulity of this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment